The Hindu Jain Temple is a non-profit organization, 501 (c)(3), providing services to tri-state Hinduâ€“Jain community around Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. TheÂ Temple promotes spiritual, cultural, educational, social, and humanitarian needs and commitments of its members.Â
The following is a summary of temple activities and services provided to the community:
- Temple is a place of Hindu-Jain worship.
- Priests provide religious services at temple and outside of the temple premises
- Celebrates major religious festivals. Performs Havan on first Sunday of the month.
- Organizes katha and religious seminars.
- Owns and maintains well equipped community hall.
- Participates in tri-state folk festival, promoting Indian Culture and Art.
- Organizes youth events. Organizes Senior citizen activities.
- Organizes one of the largest Sunday schools (Vidya Mandir) for Children.
- School teaches languages, history, culture, dances, and music of India.
- Awards Scholarships to deserving students. Organizes graduation Puja.
- Organizes youth conference and camp.
- SOCIAL AND HUMANITARIAN
- Publishes monthly news letter â€“ Temple Times and an annual calendar.
- Publishes Sampark â€“ a community directory.
- Organization Diwali dinner for homeless shelters.
- Participates in fundraising for national and international disaster events.
Click here for the temple constitution and bylaws.